Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kites are on hold

I thought my kite studio would be a few weeks away when I last wrote. Make that a few months.

Since Denise and I bought our house in June, we've painted, improved the patio, reclaimed the overgrown yard and tore out the dingy carpet in the living room, dining area and hallway.

Our house:





Preparing a few raised beds for a fall garden:


The compost pile is growing.


We turned this bare part of the yard:


Into this:

Denise and I are in the process of making art panels to hang along the backyard fence. Here is one we've finished:

We've made good progress, but our work is just begining.

I'll need to repaint the landing up front and the shade over the back porch. I also have two large flower beds and half a dozen raised garden beds I need to get ready for the fall.

The garage is full of carpet we pulled up. Bulk trash won't come to the neighborhood until sometime in November, so the dining room is the temporary build room. Even if it was empty, it's too hot to work in there. I need to install a window AC unit to cool things down.

I'm getting the kite-building itch again. Time to dig out the tools and materials that have been gathering dust in the garage.

No comments: