Sunday, April 30, 2023

Basket 23: oval bread basket

  Basket 23: oval bread basket with 2-behind-4 border; Old French and steamed brown willow

I found a few more successes on this one and the missteps don't seem as glaring as previous ones. I'm happy overall, even though the shape of the basket is a bit misshapen. 


Overall, fairly clean and consistent strokes. The base sits stable, the walls are nice and tight, and the top border is not too shabby.

I used an alternating color of uprights as well as in the French randing on the walls, but the effect is not as stark as I'd hoped. I haven't been using white or buff willow because it dries so quickly, but that would have provided the most contrast. Maybe next time. 

The base came out a little better than basket 22 but I'd like to tighten up weaving so it's more consistent. 


No comments: