Sunday, June 26, 2022

Basket 16: egg harvester

Basket 16: egg harvester, with track border and twisted handle; buff willow and steamed brown willow



Today I made an egg harvester, which I made for my roommate. She keeps an extra fridge in the garage and I've seen her and her mother carry eggs in their pockets from that fridge to the kitchen. No more!

I experimented with an extra deep base, which you can see in this photo showing the bottom of the basket.


The conical shape nearly fills the basket, but provides a secure place to carry a few eggs, so they don't roll around and crack.


With just a handful of eggs, the base holds the eggs in place, making it easy to keep them from breaking while carrying them around.


The basket is large enough to hold a dozen eggs.


As usual, I made a twisted handle, which I love. There is a kink in the handle, which I'm not happy with.


I still haven't figured out how to make the flower harvester I've been wanting to make. I'll need to do some more research.


No comments: