Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Build: frame, bridle, bowline

I finished my first suruga!

Three points along the bottom make ideal places to mount tails.



A folded hem keeps the edge from tearing in the wind.

Clear globs from a hot glue gun bind the frame to the skin and reinforce weak spots along the sail.

The rough texture of the paper makes for a good anchor for the glue.


Glue keeps the paper from tearing where the bridle meets the frame.
The bow line is so tight, plucking the string makes a pleasant, high-pitched plink.

I'm concerned the design I followed called for the bridle to be attached to the frame in only two places, compared to a very stable three anchors for the yatko bridle. I hope the suruga doesn't wobble too much.

Can't wait to fly!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: