Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fly: Lynne's fire bird, yatko 2 flies

Today was a great day for a kite flight or three. At 6 p.m. the sky was clear, temperature at about 73 degrees and winds blew from the south. The wind was sporadic.

My friend Lynne brought out her phoenix kite and I brought yatko 2 and the circle box kite my friend John gave me. We had a great time!

The phoenix flew beautifully, especially when it crossed the sun's path. The sun's rays lit up the fabric wonderfully. The unsteady wind made the phoenix wobble, but it flew consistently.

The circle box kite went up, then immediately down each time I tried to launch. I think it needs steady wind.

Yatko 2 wouldn't fly either. It would arc to the left or right each time Lynne helped me launched. I attached tails, but still it crashed. Finally, we tightened the bowline and yatoko 2 flew beautifully! The tissue tore in several places, so it won't fly again. Next time, I'll use washi.

No comments: